Once one of the most dangerous countries in the world, Colombia has done a complete 180 to become one of the hottest places to visit in Latin America. The country has worked extremely hard to change its image. Now the Only Danger about traveling to Colombia is not Wanting to Leave! The country has a ton of great places to visit, but we narrowed down our Best of Colombia Package to include Bogota, Medellin, Cartagena & San Andres.
Best of Colombia Package Highlights:
- Take in the view of Bogota from atop Monserrate Mountain
- Get an insider look of kingpin Pablo Escobar’s life in Medellin
- Dance a little salsa and have shot of aguardiente in Cartagena’s old town
- Relax on the beach & take in some snorkeling in San Andres
Bogota is Colombia’s beating heart, an engaging and vibrant capital cradled by chilly Andean peaks and steeped in sophisticated urban cool. It is a great starting or ending point in your journey as it’s Colombia’s main hub with plenty of direct flights from the world’s top cities. It is a great city escape and offers an endless variety of great restaurants, interesting museums, vibrant nightlife, history & culture.
Locals call Medellin “City of Eternal Spring,” because of its incredible year-round weather. The city is fast becoming a tourist hot spot for fine dining, trendy bars and, of course, world-class coffee. The city was recently named One of the Most Innovative Cities in the World for its great infrastructure.
Cartagena is Colombia’s #1 tourist destination. The city’s walled city and fortress were designated as UNESCO World Heritage Sites. You literally feel like you have been taken back in time into colonial Spain. The Caribbean City offers beaches, nearby islands, history, a bustling restaurant scene, and warm, friendly locals.
If you are looking to relax and enjoy a Caribbean paradise, San Andres needs to be in your Best of Colombia itinerary. The island is located off the coast of Nicaragua. It offers perfect sunsets, white beaches with crystal clear water, and friendly local islanders.
Best of Colombia Package Includes:
- Multi-City Airfare (Optional)
- 3 Nights Hotel Accommodation in Bogota
- Full Day Tour of Bogota
- Full Day Tour to Zipaquira & Salt Cathedral
- 3 Nights Hotel Accommodation in Medellin
- Medellin City plus Pablo Escobar Tour
- Full Day Tour to Guatape & Peñol Rock
- Optional Nightlife Services Available
- 3 Nights Hotel Accommodation in San Andres (All-inclusive options available)
- Tour to Johnny Cay & Natural Aquarium
- 3 Nights Hotel Accommodation in Cartagena
- City Tour of Cartagena
- Full Day Tour to the Rosario Islands with lunch
- Optional Nightlife Services Available
- Daily Breakfast
- Airport/Hotel Transfers in all cities
* Package can be completely customized to your preferences. **If your package includes airfare, the airfare portion is non-refundable and may not include checked bags within Colombia *** Tourist Tax to Enter San Andres not included and needs to be paid at airport (about 120,000 Colombian Pesos (40 usd/30 euro))
Best of Colombia Sample Itinerary:
* Keep in mind that this is only a sample itinerary and the order of the cities can change depending on your dates & flights.
Day 1: A driver will be waiting outside baggage claim in Bogota to take you to your hotel. Day at Leisure. Your TGW rep will recommend a great restaurant for dinner!
Day 2: Your guide will pick you up in the morning for your tour of Bogota. The tour lasts about 6 hours and includes the Candelaria Neighborhood, Monserrate Hill, the Gold Museum, & Bolivar Plaza. Night at Leisure. We recommend visiting Zona T which is lined with bars & great restaurants.
Day 3: Early morning pick-up for your tour to Zipaquira and the Salt Cathedral. The tour takes between 5 to 6 hours depending on traffic & includes lunch. Night at Leisure.
Day 4: A driver will pick you up 2.5 hours prior to your flight and take you to airport. When you land in Medellin, look for your driver outside baggage claim. Check into your hotel. If you opted for our nightlife service, your guide will pick you up at 10:30pm and take you to the city’s most popular spot that night.
Day 5: In the morning, you will get picked up of your Medellin City Tour. Explore the downtown area using a mix of car, walking, metro, and aerial cable cars, then ascend to the Santo Domingo Savio Library, where you will enjoy panoramic city views. After the tour, enjoy lunch on your own and then a guide will pick you up for your Pablo Escobar Tour. The tour goes some of the key spots that marked the kingpin’s life and will have commentary from a local expert. Night at Leisure.
Day 6: In the morning, you will be picked up for your Full Day Tour to Guatape. Escape metropolitan Medellin in favor of Guatapé (Pueblo de Zocalos), home to the magnificent Peñol Rock on a 12-hour tour from Medellin.
Day 7: You will be picked up 3 hours prior to your flight to San Andres. Arriving in San Andres, a driver will be waiting outside baggage claim to take you to your hotel. Day/Night at leisure.
Day 8: In the morning, you will be picked up for your tour of Johnny Cay and the Natural Aquarium. You’ll have a chance to snorkel and relax on the beach for 4 to 6 hours. Afternoon at leisure.
Day 9: Day at leisure to relax at the hotel or beach.
Day 10: You will be picked up 2 hours prior to your flight. Arriving in Cartagena, a driver will be waiting outside baggage claim to take you to your hotel. Day at Leisure. If you opted for our nightlife services, a guide will pick you up at 10pm to take you to the city’s most popular spot.
Day 11: In the afternoon, you will be picked up for your Cartagena City Tour. The tour highlights the walled city, San Felipe Castle & La Popa Monastery. Night at leisure. Choose to go out with our guides again or we recommend a great restaurant for dinner.
Day 12: In the morning, you will be picked up for a full day tour to the Rosario Islands with lunch. Enjoy a relaxing day on the island where you can add-on snorkeling or admission to the aquarium. Night at Leisure.
Day 13: Time to head home. A driver will pick you up 3 hours prior to your flight.